A celebrated instructor teaches tablesaw essentials. Owner of the world’s largest woodworking school, Marc Adams shares his knowledge and decades of experience in Tablesaw Techniques, an instructional video in the Fine Woodworking Workshop Series.
Skill and safety go hand-in-hand. Because of their versatility, tablesaws are popular and a fixture in most workshops. They are also powerful tools that require respect and proper safety precautions when in use. That’s why Marc demonstrates a multitude of ways to tap the full potential of the tablesaw with an emphasis on safety first.
Surefire techniques you should know. New and advanced woodworkers will benefit from sharing Marc’s time-tested knowledge of the tablesaw, upgrades every saw needs, and safety measures, including:
- understanding kickback and how to prevent it
- making your own splitter for safer ripcuts
- ripping and how to align a rip fence
- using push sticks
- cross-cutting and crosscut sleds
- gearing up for tablesaw joinery
- making accurate grooves, dadoes, and rabbets
- cutting tight-fitting miters and blowout-free tenons
- and so much more
The right way is the safe way. No matter how many years you’ve been at woodworking, Tablesaw Techniques offers new insights for getting more than you might expect from this shop workhorse. Plus, the underlying message of safety first, is worthwhile for anyone who owns a tablesaw.